The Ad Council’s Seminar Series on Effective Public Service Communications consists of briefings throughout the year on various public service communications and social media topics to the nonprofit and federal government community.
If you would like to be added to our invite list for our next briefing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Secret to Building and Mobilizing Communities Online
Join the Ad Council and Blue State Digital (BSD) for a discussion on the future of online community-building and digital advocacy. We’ll share best practices and lessons learned that will help you engage your supporters around your organization or cause.
Specifically, BSD (who powered the largest grassroots campaigns in history with Obama for America in 2008 and 2012) will share examples from their work on large-scale digital advocacy programs with partners including the California Hospital Association, Rockefeller Foundation, Freedom to Marry, Google and others.
During this informative morning session, we’ll cover how to:
- Create people-focused “digital-first” strategy
- Design digital “touch points” to mobilize supporters
- Leverage big data to drive peer-to-peer advocacy
- Translate online community-building into real-world activities
- Set metrics for tracking success
Join in person or Livestream!
Thursday, July 30th
9:30 am - 11:00 am ET
Human Rights Campaign
1640 Rhode Island Avenue, NW
(Nearest metro: Red Line/Farragut North or Orange-Blue Line/Farragut West)
If you will be joining via Livesteam, we will send out the link the day before the event.
Click here to RSVP. This briefing is free!
Past topics have included:
- Behavioral Economics (watch the presentation)
- Demystifying Big Data (watch the presentation)
- Leveraging the Laugh: A Conversation with Funny or Die
- SMS Programs for Social Change
- Why Content Calendars Make Your Content Suck
- Crisis Communications
- Social Media ROI
- Mobile Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Website Makeovers