Ad Council Elects Sixteen New Members to Board of Directors
October 28, 2013
NEW YORK, October 28, 2013– The Ad Council, a non-profit organization and the largest producer of national public service campaigns in the U.S., announced today that sixteen new members were elected to their Board of Directors at the organization’s board meeting last Thursday. The board is led by Debra Lee, Chairman& CEO of BET Networks.
The new members of the Board of Directors are:
- Durk Barnhill, CEO, New York, Saatchi& Saatchi
- Andrew Benett, Global President, HavasWorldwide
- Tony Cervone, EVP, Group Communications, Volkswagen Group of America
- Lisa Church, President, eMarketer
- Jeff Dossett, CRO, Demand Media
- Michael Lazerow, CMO, Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, salesforce.com
- Carter Murray, Global CEO, Draftfcb
- Mark O’Brien, President, North America, DDBWorldwide
- Jim Palmer, CEO, Lowe Campbell Ewald
- Seth Rogin, CRO, Mashable
- Leif Roll, Marketing VP, State Farm®
- Karen Seamen, COO, Cramer-Krasselt
- Dave Senay, President & CEO, FleishmanHillard
- Pete Stein, Global CEO, Razorfish
- Russell Wallach, President, Media andSponsorship, Live Nation Entertainment
- Tony Weisman, CEO, North America, DigitasLBi
The Ad Council produces 50 national public service campaigns annually on behalf of non-profit organizations and federal government agencies. The creative is developed pro bono by leading ad agencies throughout the country and the ads are run in time and space donated by the media. The board of directors is comprised of leading executives from the organization’s founding sectors, which include media companies, advertising agencies and corporate advertisers. The board provides guidance on creative strategy, media placement and outreach and helps secure funding for the organization’s operations.
“Our new board members have a range of expertise in advertising, public relations,digital and social media that will be invaluable to the Ad Council and our national campaigns,” said Peggy Conlon, President & CEO of the Ad Council.“I am confident that with their leadership we’ll have the opportunity to enhance the reach and impact of our campaigns, benefiting many critical social issues.”
The Ad Council
The Ad Council has a rich history of marshaling volunteer talent from the advertising and media industries to deliver critical messages to the American public. Having produced literally thousands of PSA campaigns addressing the most pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, tremendous positive change by raising awareness, inspiring action and saving lives. To learn more about the Ad Council and its campaigns, visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.