NEW YORK, NY, October 28, 2021 — The Ad Council, America’s leading non-profit organization dedicated to using the power of communications to drive social change, elected 18 new members to its Board of Directors during its fall meeting held virtually yesterday. The organization’s Board is chaired by Linda Yaccarino, Chairman, Global Advertising and Partnerships, NBCUniversal. Vice Chairs include Jacki Kelley, CEO, dentsu Americas and Diego Scotti, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at Verizon.
Since the organization's founding, the Ad Council has been at the forefront of leading the communications industry’s social impact efforts. Its Board of Directors is comprised of a prestigious group of senior marketing and media executives who provide expertise, insights and financial support to ensure the Ad Council’s social good campaigns are effective and impactful. Most recently, the Ad Council’s Board of Directors led the industry’s response to COVID-19 and the launch of the Ad Council and COVID Collaborative’s COVID-19 Vaccine Education Initiative, the most significant public education effort in U.S. history.
New members of the Ad Council Board of Directors include:
- Melanie Boulden, Chief Marketing Officer, North America Operating Unit at The Coca-Cola Company
- Fiona Carter, CMO, Goldman Sachs
- Brandon Cooke, Global Partner, Global Chief Marketing & Reputation Officer, FCB
- Kyle Dropp, Co-Founder & President, Morning Consult
- Carolyn Everson, President, Instacart
- Michelle Froah, SVP Global Marketing Strategy & Sciences, MetLife
- Jennifer Gottlieb, Global President, Real Chemistry
- Alyson Griffin, Head of Marketing, State Farm
- Carla Hassan, CMO, JPMorgan Chase
- Charisse Hughes, SVP & Global CMO, Kellogg Company
- Peter Jung, CMO, NASCAR
- Jill Kramer, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Accenture
- Marne Levine, Chief Business Officer, Facebook
- Kirk McDonald, North America CEO, GroupM
- Sarah Personette, Chief Customer Officer, Twitter
- Dan Robbins, VP, Ad Marketing, Roku
- Kern Schireson, CEO, KNOWN
- Donna Speciale, President of Advertising Sales & Marketing, Univision Communications
“The talent, creativity and resources that our Board continually leverages to address our nation’s most pressing issues fuels the Ad Council’s ability to drive measurable change for social good. We’re looking forward to collaborating with these innovative leaders to further galvanize the industry around purpose-driven work,” said Lisa Sherman, President and CEO of the Ad Council.
A complete list of the Ad Council Board of Directors is available on the organization’s website here.
THE AD COUNCIL
The Ad Council has a long history of creating life-saving public service communications in times of national crisis, starting in the organization's earliest days during World War II to September 11th and natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Sandy and, most recently, leading the industry’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Its deep relationships with media outlets, the creative community, issue experts and government leaders make the organization uniquely poised to quickly distribute life-saving impactful information to millions of Americans.
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge. The non-profit organization brings together the most creative minds in advertising, media, technology and marketing to address many of the nation's most important causes. The Ad Council has created many of the most iconic campaigns in advertising history. Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk. Smokey Bear. Love Has No Labels.
The Ad Council's innovative social good campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. To learn more, visit AdCouncil.org, follow the Ad Council's communities on Facebook and Twitter, and view the creative on YouTube.