More than 40% of Americans report that they are struggling with mental health conditions as a result of the Covid-19 crisis, according to an August 2020 survey in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Morbidity and Mortality Week Report. And as we look ahead to a challenging, isolating winter, those struggles will only increase.
In November, together with the CDC, HHS, and the White House, the Ad Council launched its new Coping-19 campaign to connect Americans with resources they need to cope with mental health, stressors, and personal traumas caused or exacerbated by the pandemic. You can check out the spot below, which was created to help audiences recognize they are not alone in their experiences.
Additionally, the campaign has provided actionable tips and strategies at Coping-19.org. The site features a comprehensive set of self-care best practices and principles in accordance with the CDC and leading scientists, as well as links to more in-depth information by category. Here are a few highlights that might be helpful for your audiences:
1. Suicide prevention resources. If you or a loved one are self-harming or experiencing suicidal thoughts, discover how to start getting help.
2. Smart money tips during COVID-19. Five financial advisors weigh in on the best approaches to handle your money and investments during the coronavirus outbreak. Learn about what approach might work for your situation.
3. Challenge your creativity. Indulging your creative side helps keep your body and brain healthy. Not sure if you're artistic? You’ll never know if you don’t try.
4. Listen to find your grounding: Discover hundreds of playlists for guided meditation to help you build a foundation of calm to address stress, anxiety, or sleeplessness.
5. Find your quiet moment. Check in with how you are feeling and discover activities to help you manage. Whether it's sleeplessness, anxiety, anger, confusion, or any emotion in between, there are strategies to help you cope.
Special thanks to our creative and media partners for bringing this campaign to life, including dentsumcgarrybowen and M8, Entercom and Verizon Media’s RYOT Studio.